Thursday, July 26, 2007

Buenos Aires

I read the book Buenos Aires Broken Hearts Club while on vacation and it made me miss Argentina. I longed to be back there, to be in the hustle and bustle of the city, to spend hours chatting with friends over mate or lazy dinners and, maybe, to flirt a bit with the cute Argentine men. My sister is headed there in a couple of weeks and to say I'm jealous is an understatement. I love Buenos Aires. I love pretty much everyone I've met from Argentina. I want to go back and practice my Castellano. I want to eat so many alfajores that it makes me sick. I've been saving my frequent flier miles for a big trip. I'd like to go to Europe, but I've been considering Argentina because of the horrid exchange rate. I think I left a little piece of my heart there. Maybe I'll go again so I can get it back.

No comments: