Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pre-birthday post (just for Mrs. Bost)

I've decided that David is probably my most favorite person in the Bible. The main reason is that he is SO incredibly honest with God (check out all the Psalms) and we get to see his struggles and his desires and his screw-ups and then see what an pivotal person he was in God's plan. And, really, there are times where I like to tell God that things really suck and that I don't understand and I really don't like what's happening. Thanks to David's honesty, I feel like I can do that. He doesn't speak Christian-ese and he doesn't sugar-coat things. Maybe it's a little of my personality, too, but I really appreciate that because it makes me see that I can be honest as well, all the while trusting that God's plan is perfect - even if it doesn't make sense or I really don't like where it seems to be going.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for the pre-birthday POST! I actually am a rather big fan of Joshua and Eli ... but I guess ... if you have to have a favorite ... it might as well be Daniel!!!

Carrie said...

Oh ... just kidding, I read your post wrong the first time. DAVID was your favorite ... okay. It should be DANIEL! Maybe you should reconsider your favorite??