Monday, July 13, 2009

Paris...

I'm missing a few things about Paris:
1. Being able to walk downstairs and buy a fresh baguette every morning
2. This amazing pineapple sorbet
3. Being thisclose to amazing historical and cultural sites
4. The Metro (why don't we have one of these?!)
5. Giant meringues that I could also buy in the bakery
6. Great photo ops around every corner
7. French chocolate

Things I'm thankful for in the U.S.:
1. Air conditioning
2. Spacious bathrooms (and showers)
3. Reasonably-priced restaurants and items at the grocery store
4. My house with a yard and lots of green all around
5. That a good number of people actually pick up after their dogs (seriously, dog poop all over the sidewalks there)
6. And, of course, my doggies

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Take me next time ... PLEASE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yes, Steven would agree about the baguettes. ironically, he lost 10-15 pounds while living off yogurt, baguettes, apples, wine, and gyros.