Sunday, September 9, 2007

Fun times with the 'rents


Mom and Dad came to Austin for Labor Day weekend and we had a blast! They tried Ethiopian food for the first time and they actually liked it. There was even talk of them going to the Ethiopian restaurant in Phoenix. We did a little shopping in Wimberley and hit the Steak N Shake at Slaughter and I-35 on the way down there. For those of you non-Midwesterners, Steak N Shake is pretty great - steak burgers, skinny fries and YUMMY milkshakes (of course, I can't have any, so I got a homemade vanilla Coke instead). :9 I bought some very essential Christmas decorations. Don't worry - I'm sure they will make their debut in a future post. We also had County Line, Guero's (no Luke Wilson sightings, unfortunately), kolaches and pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. It was a food-filled trip! Mom was having such a good time that she decided to stay until Thursday. I took a half day off on that Thursday and we hit the Round Rock outlets for some shopping. I found a cute sweater on sale at Ann Taylor. Mom found a cute winter white quilted coat and long sleeve tee at Eddie Bauer - perfect for her trip to Yellowstone later this month! Of course, I am including a couple of pictures with this post so y'all can see my fam.

No comments: