Saturday, September 22, 2007

I promised you some NY and here it is


I'm posting a few choice pictures from my NY trip. It was sunny and cool - great weather for walking around the city. I was speaking at an anti-counterfeiting conference, but still managed to get out for a little sightseeing and a Broadway show. If you get the chance to see "Wicked," I highly recommend it! It was a FANTASTIC showwith terrific singing, incredible sets and beautiful costumes. NY is a fantastic city - it truly never sleeps. There were so many interesting people to watch and I found New Yorkers to be very friendly. Especially when I asked this one guy where 5th Street was. He was like, "You mean 5th Ave.?" I think in that moment it helped to be a cute girl who could just smile and say, "Yes, of course! I'm not from here." Oops! I did not get a hot dog from a street cart, sadly, but I did get a soft pretzel. I also noticed that they sell black & white cookies in Starbucks there (Starbucks branded, too.) I must make a mental note to tell Starbucks that we Texans would enjoy us some black & white cookies. I'll be sure to use that exact phraseology so I can sound very educated and convincing. ;) I also recommend The Peking Duck House in Chinatown. Their pork and beans with noodles (homemade noodles, may I add) was delish! The Pig n' Whistle has some good fish & chips and Guinness on tap to wash it down. If you go to The Lobster Pot, I recommend the cioppino. It's served over linguine and comes with shrimp, scallops, cod and a big lobster claw. To die for! I swear I did other things besides shop and eat, but they really aren't that interesting to people not in the trademark legal field, so I won't bore you. While in New York, I had many opportunities to quote the movie "elf," since that's where it was filmed. Like we passed a store that said "Peep Show" and I said, "If you see a store that says 'Peep Show,' that doesn't mean they're letting you look at presents before Christmas." Unfortunately, none of my companions got it. C'mon peeps - let's brush up on our important movie lines! Here are a sampling of the pictures I took. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

I heart NYC! Did you know I lived there for 6 mo. when I worked at BB? They sent me up there to work on a case and I lived in an apartment downtown and everything. I saw like five or six Broadway shows while I was there. Ahhh those were the days.