Sunday, September 16, 2007

I do not heart bugs

Story #1: While trying to take a nap today, Quincy and I kept hearing this buzzing, wing-fluttering noise by my bedroom window. I have had some moths and flies get caught between my honeycomb shade and the window before, so no big deal. Except today. I take a peek and what do I see? A big ol' wasp stuck in my bedroom window - inside my room. Awesome. I quickly get myself and my dog out of the room and call my parents to ask how you kill a wasp. My mom thinks this is hilarious and tells me to swat it with a flyswatter. Uh, no! Wasps can sting and my aim is not great - I do not need a pissed off wasp chasing after me. So my dad tells me to get some bug spray but make sure it is not the outside wasp spray. It will say suitable for indoor use on the can. Clearly my parents doubt my ability to read or make a rational judgment of appropriate bug spray at this point. I make a Super Targ run and, upon my return, head upstairs armed with my flyswatter and Raid. I totally sucker punched the wasp with a shot of Raid and then soaked it once it was stunned. Then I beat the crap out of it with the flyswatter. All in a day's work, I guess. At least I can sleep soundly tonight.

Story #2: I got two mosquito bites whilst (great British word, eh?) sitting outside at the Vietnamese restaurant at lunch today. My question is - when the heck is Fall getting here so all the mosquitoes (is it "s" or "es" on the end of that one?) will die off?

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

girl, welcome back to Texas...those pesky things are here all year round...at least they are in my backyard. Makes for difficult outside time for a four year old!

Good job on the wasp fatality.

-Gretch