Thursday, July 10, 2008

Does the punishment fit the crime?

Read this first.

I know people in the US and the UK are outraged over this story. My personal take? If you are going to be stupid enough to 1) blow off a warning from a police officer, no matter the country and 2) have sex in public, then you need to face the consequences for your actions! I'm sorry that these people were too intoxicated to heed the warning, but if they removed themselves to a hotel room after receiving the warning, I doubt they would have been arrested. And, really, no one wants to have their nice beach experienced ruined by the indecent exposure of some other people nearby. We expect people traveling in our country will obey our laws, so why shouldn't they expect the same of us? I think the man and lady involved in this incident deserve some form of punishment.

No comments: