Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm a fiancee!

Well, folks, it happened! Daniel proposed on Sunday when we were in Santa Cruz. The proposal went something like this:

Daniel: Talking about our relationship, how great it's been, traveling together, making dinner for people, how much we have to talk about, etc.

Me: Interjecting fun stories and thinking he's being really sweet.

Daniel: Thinking back on all this, I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

Me: I want to spend the rest of my life with you,too.

Daniel: No, I mean, I want to marry you.

Me: I want to marry you, too. (CLEARLY I am a little dense!)

Daniel: OK, I guess I should get down on one knee. (Gets down on knee) Amy, will you marry me? (At this point I have my hand over my mouth and, evidently, a completely shocked look on my face.)

Me: Are you serious?

Daniel: Of course I'm serious!

Me: (Shake head "yes" and start bawling.)

Classic story, right? ;) How could you expect anything less from me?

I can't get the pictures to post right. Oh well! I'll try to include some soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations! What a fun story!