Thursday, September 9, 2010

Why I love Chick-Fil-A

(Or perhaps I should say "why I love small children.") I was at Chick-Fil-A yesterday eating my yummy sandwich with extra pickles and drinking my lemonade with no ice when a little boy and his family came in. Clearly, he was very excited about being at CFA because he bursts in with a, "And they have a PLAY area here where little kids can run around and PLAY!" He proceeds with additional commentary on the play area while his dad orders their food. (I should mention that I am sitting at a table on the side of the restaurant by the windows with my back to the door, so I have a pretty good view of most of the restaurant and the play area. Seated near me in a booth are two guys and a girl who look to be in their early twenties and mostly bored with life.) Next thing I know, this head pops up over the booth near the guys and girl. "Hiiiiiiiiiiii! Can I come sit with you?" I am trying not to crack up at this kiddo who is SUPER excited to be here. One of the guys actually says, "Sure Dude, come on over." The dad then tells the little boy to sit down, eat his lunch and stop bothering people. As the little boy is "eating," I continue to hear commentary about the chicken tenders, french fries and the play area. Man, I wish I had such enthusiasm for life! I love kids.

No comments: